Monday, April 14, 2008

Flash Photo Gallery Scene

I suggested we'd make 2 scenes of our "bloopers" that occurred whilst we created the interactive Flash application game, 1 scene to be a picture gallery and the other to be a video gallery. Therefore I set about researching online how to do it and eventually found a few free templates on Flashmo.Com. So I decided to play around with all the ones which I liked to see which looked best for our project.

The above was the 1st choice. I liked this photogallery as I thought it'd looked pretty cool and wasn't that easy to navigate though you couldn't see all the photo's and would only know if you reached the end judging by the numbers stated at the top of the middle picture.
The above was the 2nd Choice. I liked this because you can see all the pictures that are in each photo gallery page and also I was able to separate the photos into different categories by placing them into different gallery pages, which I thought was really handy and less messy especially when we had quite a lot of photos to place here.

This was the 3rd choice. I liked this as there's a horizontal scrollbar, which automatically scrolls once you have the mouse over it, though to use this one I needed to re-size alot of the photo's and duplicate them to make thumbnails which meant I'd need to re-size them to a smaller size again. Therefore, I found this one time consuming and again all the pictures were on show but time consuming when it comes to sorting out the photos into "categories".

In the end I chose the 2nd choice as that was although time consuming as well [duplicating the pictures and alot of re-sizing needed] I loved the fact that I could categorise the photo's into different galleries.

All the above are templates from FlashMo.Com

No comments: