Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Flash Bloopers Video Scene

When coming to create this video scene because I didn't know how to go about making one I again went online and researched to see what type of video galleries there were but couldn't find many.
I found 2 tutorials, one of them I really liked but it looked difficult to make it myself in Flash and since I didn't want to waste time I opted to do the other tutorial I found on Oman3d.Com as it was much simplier to understand and create.
Given more time I probably would've tried to look around on the internet for more video gallery templates/tutorials.

This was the one I really liked [found from CommunityMX.Com] and wanted to use in the flash application but when I came to playing around with it I found out that the components it used was from ActionScript 3 and weren't available on ActionScript 2. Therefore, even though I managed to get it working I couldn't use it on our own Flash application anyway since we were using ActionScript 2.


This is the flash video gallery I created with the help of the tutorial from Oman3d.Com. I didn't find it difficult to make but I do find it messy with all the thumbnails of the videos, I'd much rather prefer adding either a ComboBox, or make an invisible scrollbar like I'd seen in some of the picture galleries I came across, but since I wanted to get on with other area's of Flash I thought I'd leave it and if I have any time at the end I'd try adding one on.

No comments: