Sunday, February 10, 2008

Logo Research

Our company relies heavily on multimedia and because of this we want to have a logo that is very image heavy below I have collected three other logos form already existing companies that use images to help a customer recognise the business.

Tadpoles Early Learning Centres



The first logo is from a company called Tadpoles Early Learning Centres. This logo has a simple design intended for the audience of children and young mothers. The fonts used suit the company and the service they provide, the image used is one that meets its purpose but I feel that it takes focus from the company name, which I feel is very important that both be eye-catching, but not have one over shadow the other.

Although this has a nice cartoon style, it isn’t one that would be well suited for our company, the layout feels poorly thought out, the colour seems bland and boring.

8PAWSUP.COM



The second logo is from the company 8pawsup.com, this is one that I found to be very visually pleasing in its style and formation of text. But I found the lack of colour to be very disappointing. Although the image matches its purpose I think the design style is dull and lacks imagination.

This is another logo design that wouldn’t suit our company the lack of different colour leaves the logo looking bland. That being said I do like the layout of the text with the image it allows the viewer to take the whole logo in at once and easily process what they see.

Metal Mulisha



The third logo is from a company named Metal Mulisha an is the one that I found the most eye-catching, this was mostly because of the style of imagery used in the background and I have always been a fan of this hectic style. The actual text and the skull image leave something to be desired, and in my opinion, don’t match the background used.

I would like the company logo to follow the style of the background this hectic and somewhat messy style is one that I feel suites that of a multimedia company. The text, and the image beside it, is the only thing I don’t like about this logo, as I think that it is a little messy and uninspired.

No comments: